Monday, June 20, 2016

Interview to Sr. Maite Sanz de Pablo

Sr. Maite Sanz de Pablo



Sr. Maite is from Spain and at present she is in the community of Mexico City. She works in a parish in the different areas of the pastoral: Bible formation, family, sick…

Linah Siabana: Can you tell me about your best experience with the MSOLA Congregation?. Recall a time when you felt most alive, most involved, spiritually touched, or most excited about your involvement.

Maite: The experience of the encounter of the network 50, which was the most empowering for me. It implied a time of preparation for some years with different steps that we followed. First  of all we introduced ourselves so that we could come to know each other though at a distance, then we reflected on our experiences and shared it, then went on reflecting on the questions and the topics which where actual at the time for us and we wrote about them.

Linah: What made it an exciting experience?

Maite: The whole process of journeying together through what we were writing and sharing which made us feel so near and in communion with one another.

Linah: Who was involved?

Maite: All the sisters who were below 50 years of age at that time, together with the General Council.

Linah: How did you feel?

Maite: I felt a strong sense of belonging and I felt part and parcel of the Congregation. I felt that we were all together building the Congregation. I felt a deep love for our family that keeps moving according to the times and the needs of the mission, and that makes constantly efforts so that sisters participate in the making of who we are.

Linah: What did you do as a result of the experience?

Maite: I remember I felt empowered to express myself in a big group, and I did so with that fire that burns within me because of the love of Christ who called me and keeps calling me to give myself. I always felt availability is an important part of our vow of obedience. Since then, I made it a very conscious part of my gift for the good of the Congregation and the mission entrusted to her. I will always be ready to be sent wherever I am needed as hard as it maybe; it is part of the contribution I make to the life of this our family.

Linah: The things you value most about MSOLA

Maite: I deeply value our spirituality, the care for our formation and growth as persons who are freer so that we can help others on their way to freedom, who I am today, I owe it to the Congregation and the formation combined with sisterly care for one another.

We say we are family, that is different from others and so we are, our living interculturality from the start of our formation makes us open and appreciative of other’s culture and taking differences as values, and this helps us to break barriers, it helps us to be aware of realities that otherwise might  be taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment